Thursday 3 January 2013

Creature Comforts








Turquoise House, Russian Federation/Cozy Upscale Throw from Modcloth/Enamel Teapot from Maisy & Grace/Ebba Shearling Booties/Photo from Hello it's Valentine/Triple Ginger Cookies from 101 cookbooks/The Abominable Snowman.

It's still snowing outside! Last night I was watching the snow fall for an eternity, lit by the orange street-lamps outside. It's almost as if the weather is acting on cue this year. Definitely in a nesting mood lately. I made some Triple Ginger Cookies from 101 cookbooks, swung back with a pot of tea,  and studied some video tutorials on writing HTML and CSS scripts, a little like learning a new language for me. I'm also in the process of figuring out the shipping fees for my etsy shop to get the ball rolling on Siouxvenir the vintage shop. I was also browsing around for some winter-themed goodies while procrastinating about starting a new drawing, a stately Russian abode, some comfortable household items, hot beverages, cookies... some critters from the park?

On new years my friends and I ventured into High Park to toast at midnight. We found the most rickety little bridge over the littlest creek deep in the park. We barely popped the bubbly in time, slipping all over the place, but somehow managed to under the influence of a few alcoholic ginger beers spiked with rye. I heard an owl on the way home, and just caught its silhouette in the trees before it swooped down and vanished. I could tell it was an owl because I could see it's head turning and bobbing. The park is so full of cool things, I have to remember to go more often.






No comments:

Post a Comment