Wednesday 27 February 2013

Ericka Lugo





Images Source: Ericka Lugo on vanitasdaily

I'm online at Starbucks, browsing for colour palettes to use in my own illustration work, and lookee what I found! lllustrator Ericka Lugo has a special fashion project on vanitas daily, and the fashion plates are so darn charmant. These quirky drawings offer the perfect infusion of colour and style as would be needed on a rainy day like today.

Truth is I don't like a lot of contemporary fashion illustrations out there, but Ericka's stuff has such a vintage flair to it. From the clean, tapered legs of the figures, to the manilla-tinted backdrop that resembles aged paper, and the refined yet eclectic colour palettes, these elements echo the past, yet the actual outfits and styling are fresh as daisies. It's good to see some artists are reviving the illustrative style of Erte and Poiret, my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment